Hey everyone my name is Ruthie Carlson and I am so excited to get to talk to you about your puppy's training! I want to start off by saying each and every one of you is getting an amazing Doodle. I can say positively from growing up with these puppies I have never met one I haven't fallen in love with, but getting any puppy comes with a lot of work and patients. That is what I do at puppy kindergarten to make sure the transition is easier on you and your wonderful puppy. I will begin to teach your puppy the fundamentals with special trainings and techniques. Every time I do a Puppy Kindergarten it is always so fun at the end of the week of training to be able to introduce my clients to their new puppy and show them what we have been working on!
Here is a sneak peak to what I offer:
- Preliminary Crate Training: giving your pup a positive first experience with their crate so they learn to use it as a comfortable “safe place.” This particular training is my top priority. It takes a few days or even weeks for pups to adjust to holding their potty through the long night hours. I get up in the middle of the night so that hopefully you won't have to!
- Setting a Schedule: just like babies, pups do best when they have a set schedule. Naps, food, and play are the routine a puppy loves most.
- Obedience Training: it is never too early to start teaching your pup the basics of good manners. We will begin to teach them that what might have been good fun with their littermates (barking, biting, etc.) is no longer appropriate for their new families! The obedience course includes…
- Walking on a leash
- Crate training (sleeping through the night)
- Contentment Training
- Name Learning
- Noise Exposure
- Socialization with adult dogs
It is my goal that, by the end of the week, I will have set a firm foundation from which you and your pup can build. The transition from romping around with their brothers and sisters to being the only cutie around can sometimes be difficult and intimidating for your pup. Puppy Kindergarten allows pups to learn new and exciting behaviors while still enjoying the comfort and familiarity of the Carlson Farm.
There are limited spots available, so make sure you sign up soon. Tuition for the week is $450.00. I look forward to working with you, your family, and your pup!
All the Best From,
Ruthie, & the Doodles